Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Palamida Professional Services (Code Auditing - Static Analysis)Published at 17.11.2012 - Viewed: 6668 times - Jeff Luszcz in San Francisco, United States
Palamida is the industry's leader in identification and management of Open Source Software (OSS) within software development projects. We believe current and future software companies cannot remain competitive without relying on Open Source content, and our products and services enable enterprises to use and reuse code from many sources -- while reducing the risk of license violations, software vulnerabilities and export control issues. We're profitable, growing fast and have a great team working on interesting and challenging assignments in big data, search, and enterprise application architecture. Palamida is located in San Francisco's SOMA district, walking distance from BART and CalTrain, the embarcadero, and Moscone.
We are looking for someone to help support our customers and also use our product on consulting engagements for our customers This position is good for someone who either has programming experience and wants to get a more customer facing job or someone who is new to programming and wants to get more experience.
We have roles for both and are very willing to train.
- Provide accurate and timely professional services and technical support to Palamida customers working with VPs of Engineering, CEOs and General Counsels (and others)
- The candidate will become an expert at using our software by working with the professional services team on customer projects.
- The candidate will respond to customers experiencing technical issues via phone or e-mail in an efficient manner.
- The candidate will research and resolve technical issues.
- The candidate will train customers
- This position will report to the VP of Professional Services
- Light travel may be required
- Perform code audits / code reviews using our static analysis tool to discover embedded open source and commercial source and vulnerabilities code in customer applications
- Log and manage reported defects working with the customer and Palamida engineering
- Help with the creation and support of extensions (source code, scripts, reports, etc.) to the Palamida software
- Familiarity with Java or C/C++ or C (development preferred, but also QA or support)
- Technical support experience a plus
- Knowledge of Java Application Servers (Tomcat preferred) a plus
- Knowledge of MySQL or Oracle databases (install, support, tuning, debugging) a plus
- Intermediate Linux skills (installation, command line, process management, etc..) a plus
- Knowledge of Open Source/ Free Software technologies or licenses a plus
- Familiarity with static analysis tools (Coverity, Fortify, Findbugs, etc..) a plus
Please email your cover letter and resume to the email address above with "Professional Services Position" in the subject line.