Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Technical Product WriterPublished at 25.02.2019 - Viewed: 828 times - Mattermost (Worldwide/Remote)
Mattermost provides an open source enterprise-grade messaging platform to the world’s leading organizations that allows teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. With over 10,000 server downloads / month our customers include Uber, Samsung, Affirm, The US Department of Defense and more. Our private cloud solutions offer secure, configurable, highly-scalable messaging across web, phone and PC with archiving, search, and deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises technologies. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, our company serves customers around the world with a distributed organization spanning the globe.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and come talk to us!
About the Role
Help unlock the potential of Mattermost software for thousands of companies around the world through clear, effective, customer-centric documentation and guides.
You’ll be building out vital materials ranging from installation and deployment guide, to guides for configuring our desktop, mobile, and web experiences.
On a daily basis, you’ll see your work used and appreciated by a global community.
Read about our end-to-end recruiting process for core committers at: https://docs.mattermost.com/process/developer.html
- Translate high level instructions from developers or demonstrations into concise, clear, step-by-step documentation
- Work with developers and product managers to clearly document instructions, guides, overviews and explanatory material
- Support users and customers by FAQs, knowledge-base articles, and mini-articles
- Work effectively with both core team members and the open source community in developing documentation
- Minimum 2-5 years experience documenting the setup of software products
- Experience setting up and documenting Linux and/or Windows Server based-applications
- Ability to write in a voice that is concise, clear and easy-to-translate (a large portion of our community is international)
- Ability to speak simply about ideas others may find complex
- Comfort working remotely with ability to take occasional video conference meetings between 8:30am to 2pm California time (UTC-08) or 11:30am to 5pm Toronto time (UTC-05)
Preferred but not required
- Experience working in Git-based workflows or contributing documentation to open source projects
- Ability to work with developers to write and test API documentation, and working with code samples provided
The right person in this role has an opportunity to make a huge impact on the overall Mattermost GTM strategy and drive the success of our commercial sales organization. If this sounds like you – please apply! We are leading the collaboration transformation!