Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Linux Graphics DeveloperPublished at 03.05.2019 - Viewed: 393 times - Collabora Limited (Worldwide/Remote)
We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic open-source software developers (junior, middle, senior) to join our ever growing geographically-distributed Graphics domain team.
The Graphics domain team is contributing to the entire Linux Graphics stack from the Linux kernel up to the Graphics toolkits including but not limited to DRI and kernel-mode graphics drivers, Wayland/Weston, OpenGL, Vulkan, OpenGL/EGL and other open-source Graphics drivers within the MESA 3D Graphics Library for different customers’ projects in various market verticals.
- Analyzing client problems and designing solutions leveraging open source technologies and Collabora’s technical expertise
- Defining and scoping client projects in collaboration with the delivery team
- Discussing graphics-related technologies with clients and represent the company at conferences and trade-shows to demonstrate and promote our leadership in the open source arena
- Contributing publicly to open source projects to ensure Collabora’s continuing technical leadership
- Gain working knowledge of customers’ products, applications, technical and business strengths and target markets
- Understanding client needs and reconciling time constraints, available technologies and resources, and open source best practices
- Linux experience
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and relevant open source communities
- Good English language skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work and communicate in an online fully distributed environment
- Any track record of experience with direct development in the GNU/Linux Graphics stack from the Linux kernel (e.g. DRM/KMS, GPU driver, dma_buf) to the user space (X11, Wayland/Weston, DRM/DRI, Khronos EGL, OpenGL, OpenGL ES, MESA…)
- Existing familiarity with one or more of Collabora’s market verticals
- BS/BA or experience in the role of Engineer
Collabora is a software consultancy specializing in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. We combine years of Open Source software leadership with an understanding of the challenges that businesses, non-profits, and governments face. Collabora brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialized embedded applications.
Collabora has the unique business model of enabling enterprises to leverage Open Source software in their solutions. Having worked with notable industry leading companies in the automotive, aerospace and handset mobile verticals amongst many others, Collabora has established a broad customer portfolio.