Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Senior Web Operations EngineerPublished at 04.05.2019 - Viewed: 787 times - Ministry of Justice Digital and Technology in Sheffield, United Kingdom
As a Senior Webops engineer at MOJ Digital & Technology you’ll be supporting the development and operation of web systems that make a genuine difference to people’s lives. You’ll be keeping up to date with the latest technologies and trends, whilst delivering working software early and often.
At MoJ you’ll be working on our acclaimed open-source public services, with user needs at the heart of everything, helping us transform Government for the future. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you’ll be running services used by citizens and government staff across the justice system.
- Experience of modern development and deployment techniques, including continuous integration and continuous delivery
- An understanding of version control (ideally with Git)
- Experience operating or building a Platform as a Service (PaaS) with Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, or other technologies
- Experience defining a solution using configuration management tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt
- Awareness of how to set up and maintain continuous delivery and deployment pipelines using Concourse, Jenkins, or similar
- Awareness of the use of containers, distributed schedulers, and minimal operating systems
- Worked with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, Or Google Cloud in a production system
- A systematic approach to solving problems
- Familiarity with network protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, etc
- Some experience using configuration management tools such as Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, or Salt
- Experience debugging multi-server services in a high availability production environment
- Help build and run user-centred, open source, web systems to serve a variety of citizen and government needs
- Be responsible for automating the deployment of systems that follow standard patterns, or components of systems that are more complex
- Manage infrastructure for multiple environments through code
- Build tools to automate infrastructure management tasks
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team and community, both developers and non-developers
- Help build and maintain a diverse, inclusive culture across the development community, growing awareness, inclusivity, and balance
Throughout the process we will assess your technical specialist skills and experience on the above requirements as well as competencies you will find on the job description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.