Job details « Go back to category
Full-time QA Engineer for BIND 9Published at 20.06.2019 - Viewed: 1586 times - Internet Systems Consortium (Worldwide/Remote)
Internet Systems Consortium (ISC) is a public-benefit company whose mission is to support the infrastructure of the Internet. In pursuit of this goal, we have a team dedicated to developing open-source Internet infrastructure software. Our main products are BIND 9, the Internet’s most popular DNS server, and Kea, a modern implementation of the dynamic host configuration protocol, as well as its predecessor ISC DHCP.
ISC follows an equal opportunity employment policy. We employ people without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations and marital status.
We are looking for a QA engineer to work on BIND 9. This engineer will be a core part of the BIND 9 team, assisting the developers with the testing, running the continuous integration jobs and be part of the release engineering.
BIND 9 is the most widely-used Domain Name server on the Internet, used by some of the DNS root system operators, by Internet Service providers and enterprises. The BIND 9 development team contributes to developing the Internet standards for DNS, and BIND 9 is a reference implementation of the standard.
- Running, extending, and improving BIND tests
- Maintaining, tweaking, and evolving the CI/CD environment
- Troubleshooting BIND issues and writing code reproducing them
- Approving product releases for delivery
- At least 2 years of experience as a developer, test automation developer, QA software test developer, or similar role
- Strong general troubleshooting skills, with ability to assess, document and solve complex issues
- Experience with installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting Unix-like systems (Linux, BSDs)
- Knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 networking, both from a theoretical and a practical standpoint
- Practical experience with at least one of the following scripting languages: Bash / POSIX shell, Python, Perl
- Ability to communicate freely in English (verbal & written)
- Practical experience with GitLab CI and/or Jenkins
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (containers & hypervisors)
- Practical experience with software packaging
- Practical experience with Git
- Practical experience with building software on Windows
- Understanding of the DNS protocol
- Practical experience with BIND
- C/C++ Programming experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific or technical subject.
Anywhere. Although ISC is located in Redwood City, California (USA) and a number of staff are based there, most of ISC’s staff work from their homes throughout the rest of the world.
This position is open to anyone regardless of nationality, and is suitable for home working. Note that occasional travel to the company’s USA offices will be required.
To learn more about ISC and its critical role in the Internet community, visit https://www.isc.org.