Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Operations EngineerPublished at 29.06.2019 - Viewed: 1768 times - Internet Archive in Richmond, CA, United States
The Internet Archive is looking for an Operations Engineer to join their Core Infrastructure Operations team. We have over 40 petabytes of unique digital information stored entirely on-premises in a cluster of hundreds of hosts in multiple datacenters. An ideal candidate has a background in large-installation systems administration, technical aptitude solving low-level problems, and will be looking to assume multiple responsibilities on a lean, focused operations team providing a reliable, secure, and highly available service.
- Hands-on maintenance of computing hardware, including deployment, configuration, problem diagnosis, and repair
- Capacity planning for short and long-term growth
- Writing software and scripts to automate routine processes
- Participate in an on-call rotation and quickly respond to issues and work to prevent them in the future
- Occasional travel to datacenter sites in San Francisco, CA and Richmond, CA
- Experience working with large-scale server installations
- Fluency in Linux system administration, troubleshooting, networking, and tools
- Hand-on experience in a datacenter-type environment
- Firm understanding of computing hardware and performance
- Experience writing software for infrastructure management and automation
- Knowledge of data center architecture: power, cooling, and networking
- Experience deploying and maintaining enterprise networking platforms
- Experience using configuration management and automation tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Experience with modern centralized monitoring platforms (e.g. Grafana, InfluxDB, Prometheus)
- Database administration and management experience, with PostgreSQL or otherwise
Reporting Structure: The Operations Engineer reports to the Manager of Infrastructure Operations and works closely with the Director of Core Engineering, and engineering teams across the organization.
Location: Richmond, CA. On-site presence in Richmond is required; remote employment is not available for this position.
Internet Archive is a 501©(3) non-profit library founded in 1996, is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/L/G/B/T and will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Ordinance.