Job details « Go back to category
Full-time UX and Web DesignerPublished at 30.08.2019 - Viewed: 627 times - Blender in Amsterdam, Netherlands
The blender.org websites attract millions of visitors from all over the world. Here we share the passion for open source 3D creation in many aspects. A special place in our ecosystem is held by Blender Cloud – a subscription-based platform where our animation studio works on production tools and shares tutorials, assets and entire film productions.
We need a UX and web designer to help shaping the Blender Cloud for the next decade.
You will be standing at the crossroad between art and technology, working on a fantastic project, crafting a unique combination of content publishing and production tools and enabling an amazing team of creators to tell and share stories.
This work consists both of maintaining and improving the existing web design and front-end implementation of Blender Cloud and several other blender.org websites, and creating brand new design and experiences for those platforms. You will be part of the dream team that brings Blender and its projects to everyone on the Internet!
This is what you will be doing:
- Take responsibility of design and implementation of user-facing features
- Bring the vision of Blender Cloud to reality
- Work in symbiosis with back-end engineering
- Jump on unexpected tasks that involve design and communication outside of the web realm
- Work with (and contribute to) Free and Open Source software
This might be a great job for you if:
- You have few years of experience in a similar position, with the ability to demonstrate effective, engaging design and implementation
- You have a sincere passion and curiosity for design, product and communication
- You have the hard and soft skills to work in a small team on a web product
- You have an opinion about Free and Open Source software
We promise that:
- All your work will happen in, and will be released as Free and Open Source software
- You will work on projects that matter
- You will work with an international team that believes in Blender’s mission
Get in touch
At Blender, we value diversity and we encourage people with other beliefs and backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
In order to qualify for a position you must be legally allowed to work in the European Union and willing to relocate to the Netherlands.
We’re currently not offering full-time remote positions.
How to apply
Send an email with your motivation and some examples clearly showcasing your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!