Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Rust/Core DeveloperPublished at 20.09.2019 - Viewed: 492 times - Parity Technologies (Worldwide/Remote)
At Parity Technologies we maintain and create blockchain software: dealing with P2P networking, consensus algorithms, cryptography, databases, and decentralized applications can be expected.
We strive to write the fastest, lightest, and safest core technology in Blockchain and write lots of open-source code. Parity Technologies is based in Berlin and London, but remote work is possible for the right people and we are flexible on location.
We believe in giving back to the community and are looking for someone familiar with the open-source Rust ecosystem. You should be proficient in Rust and familiar with writing low and high-level code, a functional style of programming, and have a strong knowledge of computer science.
Parity works in a very flat hierarchy with lots of autonomy and high levels of personal responsibility, we try to mimic an open-source workflow in much of what we do. We have an article on our blog about our development practices which you may want to read.
- Experience with Rust, particularly writing high-performance high-security code.
- Knowledge of Bitcoin, Ethereum or other blockchain technologies.
- Familiarity with the Rust ecosystem.
- An interest in decentralized technology and Web 3.
NICE TO HAVE
At Parity Technologies we write software across the whole blockchain stack and a developer you can be expected to work on any of these things, but deep knowledge in one of the following areas is especially appreciated.
-State of the art P2P networking research and technologies.
-Experience writing and performance tuning databases.
- Experience implementing consensus algorithms.
- Rust performance optimization and tuning.
- Deep knowledge of and ability to write compilers (especially with a Wasm focus).
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. - - Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal
- Because we value initiative and learning, we've defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know what's best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats
- Blockchain bridges.
- Experience implementing decentralized applications, including “Layer 1” and “Layer 2” approaches.