This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Open Source Community Coordinator Part-time
Published at 17.01.2020 -
Viewed: 1555 times -
About this position
Creative Commons maintains over two dozen open source projects and websites with a very small team. Our open source community is rapidly growing and we need help managing it. The Open Source Community Coordinator will assist the Director of Engineering and the rest of the engineering and product team in tasks related to logistics, community outreach, and publicity.
This is a part-time 6 month contract position for 10-15 hours a week, with the possibility of being renewed.
- Serve as the first point of contact for people who want to join the CC Open Source community
- Answer questions on Slack and GitHub from community members and potential applicants to open source internship programs like Google Summer of Code and Outreachy
- Help with administrative work surrounding open source internships such as submitting applications, creating templates, coordinating meetings etc.
- Facilitate opportunities for community members and CC staff engineers to collaborate
- Help maintain the CC Open Source Twitter account
- Find and coordinate with potential guest bloggers for the CC Open Source blog
- Help publicize new features and products released by the CC engineering team
- Reach out to developers using Creative Commons tools or licenses and publicize their work
- Triage incoming GitHub bug reports and feature requests from the public
- Update the CC Open Source website and public wiki
- Review and update existing GitHub issues for clarity and contributor-friendliness
- Reach out to potential new users of CC tools such as the CC Catalog API to help grow usage of those tools
Qualifications and requirements
- A technical background. You don’t need to be a full-time programmer but some experience with code is necessary.
- Familiarity with and interest in open source
- Familiarity with Creative Commons licenses
- Fluent in English is required. Additional language skills are a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, build good working relationships and actively communicate, contribute, and speak up in a remote work structure
- Excellent interpersonal skills and empathy
- Social media experience is a plus
- Access to a computer and a stable internet connection
Diversity & inclusion
We believe that diverse teams build better organizations and better services. Applications from qualified candidates from all backgrounds, including those from under-represented communities, are very welcome. Creative Commons works openly as part of a global community, guided by collaboratively developed codes of conduct and anti-harassment policies.
Work environment and location
Creative Commons is a fully-distributed organization — we have no central office. This position is in a remote working environment and you can be anywhere in the world as long as you’re available for meetings, once or twice a week between 11 AM and 3 PM US Eastern Time.
Creative Commons is a leading non-profit employer, offering competitive compensation and a positive, supportive work environment. The range for this position from $18 to $24 USD per hour, commensurate with relevant skills and experience for a commitment of 40 to 60 hours per month.
How to apply
Please use this Google Form to apply.