Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Edge Computing for 4G/5G TelcoPublished at 04.02.2020 - Viewed: 686 times - Nexedi SA in Lille, France
Task : Edge Computing for 4G/5G Telco
Location : Lille/Paris, France or Munich, Germany
Type : Job/Trainee
Function : Developer
Duration : Permanent/4-6 Months
Reference : Offer-2020-Telco
Description : Nexedi is looking for a developer interested in deploying with SlapOS and Amarisoft stack a complete 4G/5G telecommunication commercial network based on VRAN technology. This network will be one of the first full 4G/5G network that runs entirely on software defined radio and has zero dependency to any undisclosed source code technology.
- Master Edge Computing based on SlapOS
- Master high performance billing based on ERP5
- Master VRAN based on Amarisoft LTE stack
- Design beautiful reactive offline-capable data visualizations
- Extend SlapOS with new software profiles
- Interface with Wendelin for network analysis
- Contribute to Edge Computing projects for industry-leading clients
- Contribute to open source projects such as Wendelin, Pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, SlapOS, jIO and renderjs.
- Contribute to research projects to build the future of our open source stack
- Passionate, self-driven.
- Willingness to contribute to an open source ecosystem and the Free Software community.
- Very good skills in GNU/Linux operating system.
- Very good programming skills in Python.
- Good software development skills (version control, testing, debugging).
- Good command of English.
Nexedi has been developing free software since launching in 2001. We are maintaining software solutions (see our full stack) with over 10 million lines of code including:
- ERP5 – ERP/CRM/DMS/e-business
- Slapos – Cloud Orchestration and deployment
- Wendelin – Big Data/Machine Learning
- Neo – Distributed Storage
- Resist – Resilient Mesh Network
- Renderjs – Promise based component framework
- jIO – Virtual File System and storage connector
- NayuOS – Private OS
- OfficeJs – Private, offline capable productivity AppStore
Besides participating in various research initiatives, Nexedi provides customisation services for solutions with implementations being used by corporations such as Airbus, Sanef, Mitsubishi all around the world. We follow the principles of reflexive programming, enforce strict unit testing and emphasise using the latest web technologies.
Our economic model requires each developer to fulfill R&D objectives aiming at delivering short to medium sized solutions to customer requirements and progressing the evolution of our software stack. This way we try to be innovative and fund long term free software without the need for venture capital.