This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Executive Assistant Full-time
Published at 2020-03-14 -
Viewed: 1590 times -
Free Software Foundation Europe
in Berlin, Germany
We are looking for an executive assistant to support our work to empower people to control technology. The person will work 25-35 hours per week with our team in the Berlin office and will be in charge of the FSFE’s Berlin office operations.
About the FSFE
Free Software Foundation Europe is a charity that empowers users to control technology. Software is deeply involved in all aspects of our lives and it is important that technology empowers rather than restricts us. Free Software gives everybody the rights to use, understand, adapt and share software. These rights help support other fundamental freedoms like freedom of speech, press and privacy.
The FSFE helps individuals and organisations to understand how Free Software contributes to freedom, transparency, and self-determination. It enhances users’ rights by abolishing barriers to Free Software adoption, encourages people to use and develop Free Software, and provides resources to enable everyone to further promote Free Software in Europe.
We are involved in legal, economic, political, and technical projects around Free Software (see our work areas and our campaigns).
Our work is made possible by a community of volunteers, supporters, donors, and staff. The executive assistant’s job will be to be the administrative backbone of our operations.
- Reviewing financial documents, preparing them for accounting, and general filing.
- Compiling a monthly salary report for salary service.
- Paying invoices and salaries.
- Issue outgoing invoices and monitor incoming payments
- Communication with health insurance, bank, insurances, and other authorities.
- Review and payment of travel expense claims.
- Financial reporting for EU projects (LEAR).
- Office management: coordination with cleaning service, printer service, ordering of various materials needed for the office and other staffers, key management, responsibility for cash book, answering the phone, and other general office tasks.
- Issuing of donation receipts.
- You have completed a relevant education and already have work experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken German, intermediate command of written and spoken English; other European languages are considered an asset.
- Very reliable, well-organised, and supportive of colleagues.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and tax law.
- Knowledge and experience in understanding the financial side of the charitable non-profit sector.
- Ability to communicate by e-mail or chat with people and organisations with technical, political, legal, or economic backgrounds, and working together with volunteers or willingness to learn this fast.
- Knowledge of how to handle the administrative side of EU funded projects is welcome.
- Knowledge of the Free Software field and affinity with the FSFE’s values and mission are desired.
- Knowledge of how to use a GNU/Linux laptop is a plus.
We are looking for a reliable, well-organised, and punctual team player who will ensure the reliable handling of office procedures and thus support us in making the world better for future generations.