Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Technical JournalistPublished at 27.04.2020 - Viewed: 557 times - Linux Weekly News in United States
Keeping LWN going is a full-time job — indeed, it is multiple full-time jobs. We are currently hiring another writer to help us get this work done and to help expand our content range. If you have a deep understanding of the Linux and free-software communities and can write high-quality English, this is your chance to write for one of the most engaged and challenging reader communities around; we would like to hear from you.
The full job description follows:
LWN.net is seeking a full-time technical journalist to provide high-quality coverage of the Linux and free-software communities for our readers. This is an opportunity to be a part of a community that has changed the world and is far from finished. LWN has been covering this community from within since 1998.
Responsibilities will include finding and researching topics, writing articles on a regular schedule, reviewing articles written by others, interacting with readers, and (someday) traveling to and reporting from community events. Additionally, we all take part in the tasks of running the business and making important decisions about where we are trying to go.
- A university degree in technical writing, engineering, or the sciences, or equivalent experience.
- Top-level English writing and editing skills
- The willingness and ability to work remotely full-time.
- An understanding of free software and the communities that create it.
- A willingness to take on a wide range of challenges in a small-company environment.
We would also like to see:
- A demonstrated history of writing for a highly technical audience.
- Software development experience, especially in the form of contribution to one or more free-software projects.
- Experience with web technologies and web-site design.
- Python development experience.
Compensation includes participation in our health and 401(k) retirement plans. LWN is located in Colorado, but we are willing to consider applicants from anywhere in the US who can legally work here. Unfortunately, for bureaucratic reasons, we cannot consider candidates outside the US for this particular position, but we are always looking for freelance authors from anywhere in the world.
If you are interested, please contact us at email@example.com.