Job details « Go back to category
Full-time (Senior) Frontend developerPublished at 17.05.2020 - Viewed: 706 times - OpenProject (Worldwide/Remote)
At OpenProject we are building the leading open source project management software. To enable our further growth, we are searching for excellent full-stack developers who are passionate about open source software and remote team collaboration.
(Senior) Frontend developer (m/f/d) – on site (Berlin, Germany) or remote.
- Help to improve the overall experience of OpenProject through developing our frontend features.
- Write high-quality code to complete features aligned with the back-end team and the Product Managers.
- Identify areas of improvements in the code base and help contribute to make it better.
- Fix prioritized bugs listed in our bug backlog.
- Contribute to and follow our development processes and code review guidelines.
- You have several years of prior experience building frontend elements of web applications.
- You have working knowledge of when and how to make your code scale effectively.
- You are comfortable with working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- You have effective communication skills to achieve consensus with peers, and provide clear status updates.
- Our “OPENP” core company values resonate strongly with you (O = Open for new stuff, P = Pragmatic (not dogmatic), E = Engaged for clients and colleagues, N = Neigung (passionate) about OpenProject, P = Proactive and accountable)
- You are proficient in the English language (both written and verbal), for success in a remote and asynchronous work environment. German language skills are a plus.
- You have experience contributing to open source software.
- You are familiar with Git development workflows.
- You have working knowledge of Ruby-on-Rails
What awaits you:
- The best of both worlds: the creative challenges and learning opportunities of a start-up combined with the financial stability of a “grown-up” company in a team of around ten dedicated professionals.
- The flexibility to decide from where you would like to work: remotely in any location worldwide or from our office in Berlin right next to Alexanderplatz.
- Contributing to an open source project with high visibility and transparency within the developer world (our software code is freely available on Github.
- You will work with a team of experienced software engineers in continuous delivery and integration processes who love to learn from each other.
- You will be in touch with exciting clients and users from all around the globe, including NGOs and other open source projects which we love to support in fulfilling their mission (such as Greenpeace, Engineers without Frontiers), corporates like Siemens, Deutsche Bahn or Audi and public institutions like German Federal Ministries.
Find out more on: