This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Developer Advocate Full-time
Published at 2020-09-05 -
Viewed: 903 times -
oso puts security in the hands of the makers. We’re doing this by delivering security as code, or as Charity Majors (cofounder & CTO of Honeycomb) put it, “Consumer-quality developer tools” (https://twitter.com/mipsytipsy/status/1288326027001782273) for security.
We recently released oso into Developer Preview, and the feedback has been amazing. We are out to build a big, vibrant community of open source users, and we need to be proactive to achieve that goal. To that end, we are hiring our first Developer Advocate. This person will report to the cofounder/CTO and work closely with him, the cofounder/CEO, and the rest of the engineering team.
The team members who join now will not only have a disproportionately large impact on the product and the community, but also on the culture and future of the company.
Who you are
- Act like an owner – You are accountable to results over the process. You prioritize your team’s success over the success of any one project.
- Desire for feedback – You seek out critical feedback. You have the courage to give critical feedback to others.
- Mind and heart of the user – You look for ways to understand users’ motivations, frustrations, perspectives, and habits. You seek out information on target use cases. You prioritize the user experience above ours.
- Sense of urgency – You get satisfaction from getting concrete output done in a short period of time. You prefer to beg for forgiveness vs. ask for permission.
- Growth mindset – You cultivate your qualities and skills through effort. You have a history of practice, learning and expansion. You get pleasure out of having range
What you’ll do
- Get the word out on oso and help users adopt it by writing articles, blog posts, and documentation and speaking at meetups, conferences and on podcasts
- Build sample apps to demonstrate oso use cases
- Engage with users on Slack, Twitter and other online channels to ensure they have direct access to the team and whatever they need to be successful
- Desired: carve out engineering projects and ship code for the core product (to stay close to the codebase)
- Anything else that you believe can help grow the oso user base
- You want to build something from scratch
- You have experience as a professional developer working in more than one programming language
- You can create clear and creative technical content, and you can demonstrate this by sharing at least 3 talks and 3 writing samples of long-form content you created on your own
- You have been actively involved in a developer community and can draw on this experience to build a new community, e.g., you understand how the community is organized, how its members engage with each other, what motivates them, how to support them
Nice to have
Recent jobs at oso: