This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Nexedi is looking for an engineer and developer trainee to work on our OSIE project and whose task is to rebuild our POC open source PLC with Modbus interface and services running it. All items should be assembled from Olimex open source hardware or 3D printed parts. All software will be FLOSS software such as ProviewR.
We have hacked together an working solution (see photos on job offer url) which now needs to be made into a robust, stable and tested generic product.
- Master ProviewR
- Master open source industrial automation and robotics
- Master Edge Computing based on SlapOS
- Master Olimex open source hardware
- Master Edge-core open networking switches
- Contribute to a trusted open source industrial automation and robotics based on standards
- Contribute to Edge Computing projects for industry-leading clients
- Contribute to open source projects such as ProviewR, SlapOS, KiCAD, FreeCAD
- Contribute to open source hardware, including open source robots and couplers
- Contribute to research projects to build the future of our open source stack
- Passionate, self-driven.
- Willingness to contribute to an open source ecosystem and the Free Software community.
- Good skills in GNU/Linux operating system.
- Good programming skills in python and C
- Basic engineering skills in electronics and 3D printing
- Good software development skills (version control, testing, debugging).
- Good command of English.