Job details « Go back to category
Freelance Android System Developer for Volla OSPublished at 11.10.2020 - Viewed: 529 times - Hallo Welt Systeme (Worldwide/Remote)
Be part of an exciting development!
The Volla team is looking for a freelance software developer for the Google-free Volla Phone with the operating system Volla OS, that is based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP).
We are a young German company based in Remscheid, which started with private equity and two successful crowd funding projects and offers you a perspective for the future.
We want to make an innovative alternative to Google and Apple available for everyone, that ensures our freedom through simplicity and privacy protection. It implements a new approach of user interface and user experience.
You would work with a small international Team and growing community from all over the world. You are free to work in your home office with an agreed availability of 1, 2 or 3 days per week.
- Maintenance and improvement of Volla OS
- Migration from the AOSP 9 to AOSP 10 base system
- Custom patches for security and privacy protection
- Customization of the system user interface
- Maintenance an improvement of custom system app integration
- Gradual release of Volla OS as open source on Github
You should have the following skills:
- Experience with the development of custom ROMs based on AOSP
- Experience with the maintenance of OTA updates
- Experience with Continuous Integration, preferably GitLab
- Knowledge in hardware adaptation of Android
- knowledge in Android Studio and Android Tools
- Knowledge in open source projects and platforms like GitHub
Interested? We look forward to receiving your application with CV and references!