Job details « Go back to category
Part-time Sustainability CoordinatorPublished at 23.10.2020 - Viewed: 460 times - Open Source Initiative (Worldwide/Remote)
About the Open Source Initiative
The Open Source Initiative (OSI) is the founding organization of the open source software movement, the steward of the movement’s ideals and ethos, and the protector of the community’s principles and practices. As a global non-profit, the OSI champions software freedom in society through education, collaboration, and infrastructure, stewarding the Open Source Definition (OSD), and preventing abuse of the ideals and ethos inherent to the open source movement. The OSI’s constituents include individual software developers, open source software foundations, and the broader technology industry.
About the Role
The Open Source Initiative is interested in building capacity and growing its community of stakeholders. We are seeking a long-term contractor to facilitate our sustainability and development efforts by joining us for 10 hours/week.
Activities will include:
- Design, develop, and deliver initiatives, promotions and email campaigns that foster participation and support with OSI’s donor community
- Analyze the outcomes of development activities for effectiveness, and suggest areas where increased connection and efficiency can be achieved
- Maintain impeccable records and documentation of fundraising activities and campaigns
- Build authentic relationships that foster shared successes between industry and the OSI
- Identify and connect with potential new organizational partners with shared values, aligned activities, and peer communities
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Experience crafting online fundraising campaigns
- Comfort contacting individual donors and stakeholders for significant gifts
- Thrives in a culture of participation where collaboration and transparency are the default
- Strongly values the diversity in the open source community that is critical for sustainability and growth
- Demonstrated skill meeting deadlines in a remote environment
- Deep familiarity with the global open source community
- Experience applying to grants for technically focused non-profits
- Comfort using CiviCRM and XWiki
We believe that the future of open source must include everyone. We welcome all job-seekers regardless of race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Compensation: $30 per hour/10 hours per week
If you are interested or you know someone who might be interested, please get in touch by emailing the General Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).