FreeBSD Open Source Project Coordinator Full-time
Published at 28.01.2021 -
Viewed: 753 times -
Are you an experienced project leader with a bias for action? Do you enjoy taking the initiative to get things done in a collaborative environment? Are you familiar with the SDLC and comfortable working with diverse groups of technologists? If so, you might be a great fit for this opportunity!
We are looking for an intermediate level project manager to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within scope and budget, and with minimal risk. While this role will be primarily focused on the Foundation’s internal projects, the ideal candidate will have the skills and the bandwidth to engage effectively with the community as well, keeping members up-to-date on project status and coordinating resources and support as needed. You’ll also be the first point of contact for inbound proposals and you’ll be asked to lend your expertise to the development of the project proposal process for the FreeBSD Foundation.
- Develop project plans, track progress, and provide progress reports internally and externally.
- Promote project progress through event talks, blogs, press releases, videos, or other channels (in collaboration with the marketing team).
- Coordinate with internal developers and external collaborators to ensure tasks are completed on time.
- Communicate with open source project stakeholders, including corporate developers, FreeBSD community members and volunteers.
- Communicate with new project members and assist with onboarding.
- Facilitate and assist FreeBSD Foundation developers and FreeBSD community volunteers on our initiatives, planning, and execution of objectives.
- Facilitate project proposal requirement gathering exercises and collaborative development opportunities.
- Support the Foundation in identifying new projects of interest and assist in project scoping and requests for proposals.
- Adhere to latest project management best practices and techniques used by other open source projects.
- Support project leaders in reviewing milestone completion.
- Several years of IT project management experience, with demonstrable successful hands-on implementation or development
- Familiarity with open source development practices, i.e. GitHub, as well as the open source SDLC.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects or assignments while ensuring technical accuracy
- Self-directed and self-motivated, with ability to manage tasks, time and schedule with limited supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with timely delivery for all work products and deliverables
- Ability to work collaboratively with members, developers, and team members; comfortable interacting with a wide range of community members, from executives to technical programmers
- Experience using Microsoft Office, LibreOffice or Google Docs tools to create reports, project plans and presentations
- Experience with Salesforce and with web-based project management tools is a plus
401(k) Employer Contribution
Paid Time Off
Monday to Friday
Project management: 5 years (Preferred)
Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred) or equivalent experience
Post-pandemic opportunity to work in a FreeBSD Foundation office in Boulder, Colorado, USA or Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
FreeBSD is a community committed to equal employment opportunity and we believe diversity makes us better. As such, we hire people based on merit and qualifications without regard to any illegal considerations of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disabilities. We encourage all qualified, interested candidates to apply.