This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Open Source Program Manager Full-time
Published at 2021-02-10 -
Viewed: 1730 times -
OASIS Open seeks an Open Source Program Manager to oversee our Open Projects program. Open Projects offers open source communities a path to standardization and reference in international policy and procurement, while allowing them to use the open source tools and workflows they know and love. The Open Source Program Manager works with our projects to cultivate healthy open source practices and communities.
In this role, you will work with creative, interesting, and experienced people to enhance an innovative, game-changing program for open source and open standards projects. You will help members drive a broad technical agenda encompassing cybersecurity, privacy, blockchain, cryptography, cloud computing, IoT, and more.
Prior experience with open source communities, along with enthusiasm and a self-directed “Git ‘er done” attitude is essential for this position.
Your duties will include:
- Facilitate the successful launch and operation of the open source communities in our program
- Help project leaders define their objectives, scope their work, and attract collaborators
- Contextualize best practices, resources, educational materials, and other documentation for the communities we serve
- Make connections within and between projects communities, introducing new people and ideas to help work flourish
- Help identify and reach out to potential new projects and participants
- Set up landing pages, Git repositories, and other collaboration tools for new projects
- Help write technical messaging to ensure prospect outreach, web pages, etc. are compelling and technically accurate
- Mentor and onboard new community participants
- Promote work via social media channels
- Work with OASIS Events Manager to coordinate technical tracks, developer forums, training, and face-to-face community meetings
- Use experiences to help refine and improve the Open Projects program (both rules and best practices)
- Embrace and expand agile practices that support the innovation of our open source and the reliability of our standards
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, consensus-building attitude
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a remote team
- Experience in project and/or program management
- Experience with Git and other common software development tools and practices
- Experience with open source software development practices, community management, and business models
- History of technical contributions to existing Open Source projects
About OASIS Open
OASIS Open supports members throughout the world with a small but mighty staff of smart, spirited collaborators, most working remotely. We provide a fun, flexible culture where everyone’s ideas are respected and everyone’s contributions count. If you’re looking for a place where you’ll make a difference in the outcome, this is it. We offer exceptional benefits including generous FTO, 401k match, and family healthcare coverage.
OASIS Open is an equal opportunity employer.