This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Linux Software Engineer (OpenGL and/or Multimedia) Full-time
Published at 2021-08-04 -
Viewed: 1564 times -
in Markham (near Toronto), Canada
Our team works on open-source GPU drivers for Linux. We are leading contributors to the Radeon Mesa graphics and multimedia drivers included in popular Linux distributions like Ubuntu, Fedora, Arch, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop, and Debian. Our software is used in exciting products such as the Tesla Model S and the Steam Deck.
We are looking for experienced software engineers to develop, maintain, and support graphics and multimedia drivers in support of a wide range of applications. Successful candidates will utilize their knowledge of Linux device driver development or Linux application development to become key contributors to the ongoing development of AMD GPU drivers for current and future hardware. Ideal candidates are passionate about Linux and open source, are self-motivated, have exceptional problem-solving skills, will thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have a proven ability to collaborate within and across diverse teams.
- Contribute enhancements to the Mesa OpenGL and/or multimedia drivers for AMD graphics products.
- Contribute to software projects of significant technical importance.
- Solve complex non-recurring problems leading to development and implementation.
- Debug, analyze and resolve quality and certification issues as reported by Customers and QA.
- Collaborate closely with developers in the open source development community.
- Familarity with graphics or multimedia GPU application development using APIs such as OpenGL, Vulkan, and VAAPI.
- Familiarity with Linux GPU driver development (kernel and user-mode), ideally on AMD hardware.
- Experience with Linux application development in C and C++.
- Broad technical knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with open source and Linux community development practices and collaboration.
- Excellent analytical, debugging, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with confirmed experience.
Recent jobs at AMD: