This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Secure Scuttlebutt Developer - Go - Decentralized Web Full-time
Published at 2021-10-18 -
Viewed: 757 times -
Planetary is looking to hire a full-time developer to work on open source decentralized social media protocols. Planetary uses and contributes development to the secure scuttlebutt and is working with Twitter’s new Bluesky to build a new decentralized social media protocol.
We’re looking developers who care about changing the world, building a future where a single company doesn’t control our data, where governments and advertisers can’t read our every message.
Our software is open source free software released under a MIT and MPL licenses.
Planetary is a fully remote company with people in California, Spain, Uruguay, and New Zealand.
- Lead development on planetary’s golang secure scuttlebutt engine.
- Assist in gathering requirements, designing solutions, and building decentralized protocols.
- Develop working software, with an eye towards security and usability
- Research and contribute to existing protocols and standards
You might be a good fit if you have:
- Expertise in one or more relevant fields: applied cryptography, user authentication and authorization standards, open messaging protocols, decentralized networks
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Experience developing open source software
- Experience working on small teams with a bias towards action
- Experience working remotely
- Enthusiasm for learning and trying new things
- Understand blockchain but don’t believe it’s a universal solution.
- Have experience developing with / for scuttlebutt, dat, gun, ipfs, matrix, ceramic, holochain, mim, and solid.
We’re a funded company doing open source development of a decentralized future that puts communities in control of their digital spaces. We provide competitive salaries to developers located anywhere. This is a full time position.