This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Build & Release Engineer Full-time
Published at 2021-12-05 -
Viewed: 620 times -
Thunderbird is looking for a multi-skilled self-starter to work on release engineering. You will be reporting to our infra team lead and working in close cooperation with our current release engineer, other staff, and with community members.
This is a remote, full time position. You are expected to have excellent written communication skills and coordinate your work over email, video conferencing, Matrix, and Bugzilla.
As a release engineer you will be serving the community, empowering them to make their contributions available to millions of people worldwide.
What you’ll get to do:
- Work with a geographically-distributed development team.
- Improve and maintain the continuous integration systems that developers rely on to accelerate productivity.
- Develop the build and release systems used to make final builds available to users.
- Collaborate with QA, security, localization, and engineering to ship beta and release builds.
- Adapt changes made by the Firefox engineering teams for Thunderbird.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Solid scripting knowledge (shell, Python).
- Dedication to open source and open standards.
- Ability to debug build and compile issues.
- Familiarity with using distributed version control systems (primarily Mercurial and Git).
- Proven track record of finishing projects.
- Devops knowledge for cloud based setups (AWS, Linode etc.)
- A mission of making a concrete positive impact on the day to day communication experience for tens of millions of users.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Taskcluster.
- Low level system experience on Linux, Windows, and/or Mac.
- Experience with legacy build systems such as make, or modern ones such as Bazel, Buck or Blaze.
- Previous open source engagement.