Software Developer PowerDNS (Golang) - Full or Part Time / Remote or In-Office Full-time
Published at 2022-01-14 -
Viewed: 386 times -
(PDNS02_22 – Netherlands / Germany / Italy / Spain / France / Finland)
The job in a nutshell
We are the PowerDNS team and we are looking for a new team member to enrich our team. Offering flexibility both in terms of hours (full-time or part-time) as well as work location (remote and in-office), we are currently looking for an experienced developer with a particular affinity for Go.
PowerDNS develops and maintains a suite of both open-source and closed-source DNS products. The closed-source DNS solutions and modules, such as a control plane for distributed Authoritative DNS, a DNS-filtering solution, and a DNS-orchestration solution, are for the most part written in Go. As a Software Developer for PowerDNS you will use your knowledge and experience to design and implement the future evolution of these solutions and modules. The PowerDNS main office is in The Hague, but you are free to work remotely from home in The Netherlands or one of the other European countries where Open-Xchange has entities.
The job in bullet points
- Independently design and develop features for the various Golang-based DNS solutions and software modules
- In collaboration with Product Management and other developers in the team, design future architectures and determine the best approach for implementation
- Not doing anything twice by automating everything
- Support our Sales Engineering and Support teams with technical questions or issues from customers
- Continuously improve yourself and the products by investigating alternatives and technologies
- Ability to cooperatively establish requirements, design and implement complex systems
- Knowledge of and experience with networking protocols like TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6; DNS knowledge is a plus
- Affinity with CI/CD workflows and tooling
- Knowledge of and experience with application development and deployment in Kubernetes environments; familiar with Helm, Operators, CRDs, CNI, CRI, etc.
- Troubleshooting skills that go from code to systems to network and everything in between
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
Our offer to you
- Working on a modern cloud software in an international team
- Wide scope to develop your own ideas and projects
- Flexible hours that match well with combining responsibilities of home and family with work
- The most current equipment, your choice of macOS, Linux or WIndows
- A culture of open and frequent feedback
- Workshops and Team events
- Continuous personal development & training
- A company pension scheme
- Language courses (e.g. German, English)
- Flat hierarchies combined with an “Open Door” policy
- Further country related benefits (e.g. company sports)
Who we are
We are a hidden champion. When it comes to open source communication, office productivity and DNS-based security software and services, we are one of the leading players out there. Our 250+ employees around the globe are the reason, why our key products – OX Cloud, Dovecot, and PowerDNS – are used by more than 200 million people for their private and business communications via partners such as Deutsche Telekom, GoDaddy, Strato, Orange, Comcast, or web.com.
For further questions, please contact Kerstin Florath via email@example.com.