This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Associate Research Software Engineer Full-time
Published at 2022-02-04 -
Viewed: 879 times -
in Providence, RI, United States
The Associate Research Software Engineer will contribute to the development of scientific software and related infrastructure in the Fleischmann and Ritt research laboratories at the Brown Neuroscience Department. The position will contribute to NIH BRAIN Initiative-funded collaborative research, data analysis, and data sharing across several lab projects, as well as dissemination of the source code produced in the lab as open source software. The Associate Research Software Engineer will create preprocessing data pipelines for calcium imaging/physiology and behavioral data collected in the lab. Additionally, this position will involve the development of open source research software aimed at making those data processing pipelines cloud-ready and user friendly.
This is a fixed term position for one year, which may be extended based upon available funding.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field, plus 1 year of related work experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- MSc in computer science or closely related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies (GCP, AWS, Docker, Podman, or similar), or motivated to learn.
- Knowledge of cross-platform graphical user interface (GUI) development (QT, Electron.js, or similar), or motivated to learn.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work in close collaboration with a diverse group of people, ability to work independently.
- Ability to quickly learn new skills.
- Ability to actively discuss ongoing work with group members and receive constructive feedback, including weekly lab meetings.
- Possesses a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive campus community.