This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Published at 2022-02-08 -
Viewed: 1312 times -
Univention – be open.
We are committed to a sustainable, open and fair digital transformation that benefits organizations and people to the maximum. With Univention Corporate Server we have developed an open source platform for IT operations and identity management. It gives organizations the full control back over their data and processes and the option to choose who receives which data. We are absolutely convinced that this is the requirement for innovation, flexibility and digital self-determination. Our teams work agile and independently and see themselves as part of the worldwide open source community. We dare experiments, think and communicate openly, love success and aim for constant development.
What Awaits You
Our company is growing – also in the Software Development Team! Support us in our vision of “Digital Sovereignty for the World” and help us develop our products UCS and UCS@school.
Work with a team that supports each other at all times and is enthusiastic about open source. Due to our diverse and extensive products, new exciting challenges are constantly awaiting you.
Our Daily Business
- Together with 3-7 other developers, you will further develop the products UCS and UCS@school. Each person has a broad knowledge of the product and at least one topic they have worked on intensively and have become an expert in over time.
- For example, you integrate apps from other manufacturers, write or extend a connector (e. g. to Office 365), or take care of bug fixing. That gives you a good overview of what UCS can do, especially at the beginning.
- Nothing suitable yet? Then maybe UEFI/Secure Boot in the Linux kernel is something for you or hybrid authentication with Kerberos and OpenID Connect?
- We have high-quality standards for our products. The continuous development of automated tests helps us achieve this and will also be part of your tasks. We use Jenkins, Pytest, and Selenium, among others, for this.
What We Expect
- We work with GitLab. You should at least be familiar with source code management. If you have used a similar tool before, that is also helpful.
- That’s all you need to bring with you for now. If you already have experience in one of the following topics, it would be great: Shell Scripting, Debian, OpenLDAP, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Docker, OpenID Connect, SAML, REST APIs.
- You should be fluent in English.
What we offer
- Flexible working hours – whether you like to work early in the morning or late at night, everyone can find the time that suits them.
- At home or in the office – we have 3 offices: Bremen, Berlin, Leipzig. Is your hometown not mentioned? No problem, you can also work from your home and visit one of the locations as needed.
- Your software – we are also open here: Decide whether you work with Ubuntu, Microsoft, or macOS. We also equip your home office with hardware.
- Our slogan – be open. – characterizes our corporate culture: we live open cooperation! We do not work against each other.
- Hackathon – regularly spend a day trying out new technologies and working methods in a team or on your own.
- Digital Sovereignty – be part of the team and support us in our mission to spread open source technologies.
- On top of that – Sponsored company fitness, bike leasing, employee discounts, company events, participation in conferences, friendly teams.
Are you interested?
We then look forward to receiving your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know your earliest possible date of entry and salary requirement.