This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Published at 2022-02-16 -
Viewed: 932 times -
We are looking for a senior “full-stack” software engineer who’s excited about open source, making communities sustainable, and transparent finances.
We think you’d be great at this if you:
- Are comfortable in a remote environment that is at the same time highly collaborative (we apply a seeking feedback process) and autonomous (you can run a feature end to end on your own!)
- Are based within 6 hours of Central European Time:
* to optimize timezone overlaps with the current engineering team (who are predominantly based in Europe)
- Are familiar with the technologies used in our two main projects:
* our GraphQL API (powered by Node, PostgreSQL and Sequelize)
* our Web App (powered by Next.js, React and Apollo).
You are excited about our mission and share our philosophy.
Interested? Please email us with “Senior Software Engineer” as subject.
Your message should be convincing enough for us to consider your candidature and move you to the next stage. Ideally, we want you to cover the following:
- About you. What’s your story? Where you are coming from? What’s you current status?
- About us. How did you hear about Open Collective? What do you find interesting in Open Collective?
- Experience. What is your greatest achievement in software engineering? Can you tell us about a past project you’re proud of? What do you think you can bring to Open Collective?
As part of our screening process, we’ll also ask you to make a small contribution to our code base. Have a look, do one now or be ready for it!