This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Technical Product Manager - PrivateStorage Full-time
Published at 2022-03-16 -
Viewed: 503 times -
Least Authority GmbH
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our team. This position will lead the full software development life cycle for our PrivateStorage product, incorporating user feedback/research balanced with business and technical goals. It involves working cross-functionally with various members of the team to plan and release new versions of the product.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Collaborate with management to develop the product vision and communicate with team members to ensure shared understanding for effective cooperation;
- Plan, execute and manage the product roadmap to achieve the product vision;
- Lead product development efforts from end to end:
- Create tickets, user stories, and well-defined acceptance criteria;
- Create success criteria for testing and product acceptance;
- Guide developers with clear direction and purpose, keeping a well-prioritized backlog and optimizing for efficiency in execution;
- Validate and demo product releases to ensure all requirements are met;
- Suggest workable solutions to development teams with consideration for product-market fit, positioning, and other market requirements;
- Assist with defining and evaluate key metrics to optimize performance;
- Implement staged launch of product;
- Realize and tackle risk, develop contingency plans for common risks;
- Seek ongoing insights from data, research, and market research;
- Coordinate product releases with marketing, including feature release communications and technical documentation;
- Collaborate with other team members to perform market research to identify and prioritize product opportunities; and
- Answer questions related to the product and its capabilities.
Helpful skills and attributes for this role include:
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including code reviews, build processes, testing, and operations;
- Experience serving as a technical product lead throughout the full software development life cycle is preferred;
- Interest and/or experience in leading the product design and development from a technical perspective;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for working with a distributed team, including developers, engineers, Q.A., and operations;
- At least one programming language – ideally Haskell, Rust, or Python;
- Problem-solver with positive attitude to working through roadblocks;
- Experience working with project management software; and
- Experience working within a software development methodology like Agile.
The ideal person for this role has interest in some or all of the following areas:
- Privacy Enhancing Tech, secure communications tools, security best practices, threat modeling, and network security;
- Distributed and decentralized technologies;
- Open source software and development practices;
This is a full-time position.
To apply, please submit your application at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about Least Authority: https://leastauthority.com/