This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
About the Position:
The JUNOS Core Kernel team is responsible for designing and developing features, enhancements and fixes for networking / driver domains of our products. The Kernel team is looking for an ambitious Software Engineer with experience and passion for Kernel / Operating System technologies to join its FreeBSD development team. Successful candidates will support and enhance the FreeBSD operating system which runs on the majority of Juniper’s networking products.
• Conceptualize, design, develop, debug and test FreeBSD Operating System Kernel software.
• Develop / enhance / troubleshoot operating system, including high availability features and related core drivers.
• Work closely with Platform teams on development of next generation products.
• Work closely with Customer Support teams on troubleshooting / resolving customer issues / escalations.
• Strong C/C++ programming language and debugging skills are a must.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant Kernel software development experience.
• Bourne Shell, Python, build/makefiles, other programming and scripting language experience.
• Experience with UNIX Kernel concepts such as process management, multi-core/multi-threading, signals, memory management, synchronization primitives.
• Understanding of x86 and/or ARM architectures.
• BS/MS in CS/CE or similar field is required (MS is preferred).
• Expected to have hands-on and deep knowledge in your area of expertise.
• Proven problem solving/analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills required.
• Must be a strong, self-motivated team player, capable of working in fast-paced R&D environment.
• Experience writing daemon and/or Kernel software in C for UNIX-flavor Kernel (FreeBSD/Linux) is preferred.
• Working knowledge of routing protocols, ethernet switching, packet forwarding is desired.
• Expertise with device drivers, file systems, TCP/IP Networking stack.
• Familiarity with Hypervisors such as KVM, VMware, Xen.
• MS in CS/CE or similar field.
• Knowledge of public cloud like AWS, Azure, GCP.
• Travel requirements for the position: 0%
As Juniper is a US Federal Contractor, proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination is required for all U.S. employees. Juniper will consider accommodations for medical conditions or religious reasons on an individualized basis.