This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Support Engineer (Luxembourg/Remote) Full-time
Published at 2022-08-08 -
Viewed: 1166 times -
Passbolt is an innovative cybersecurity product company that is growing quickly. We are remote-friendly and our headquarters are based in Luxembourg (Europe). We are the team behind Passbolt, the leader open source password manager for teams used by 10,000 organizations in 50+ countries.
We are looking for a seasoned Support Engineer in order to work with our support team, provide amazing support to our fast growing customer base and help us in our mission to become the de facto solution for password management for agile teams.
You will join a growing and vibrant team committed to provide an exceptional experience to all passbolt users, community members and customers. Passbolt is and always will be an engineering company. We’re looking for versatile self-motivated engineers with a knack for technology, ethics and privacy, who can think out of the box and find elegant solutions to challenging problems.
Purpose of the job
We are looking for a support engineer to provide stellar support to Passbolt customers and community members. Your primary focus will be to troubleshoot installation issues, help reproduce bugs, participate in discussions related to performance or usability issues. You will also maintain the knowledge base by writing how-to and technical documentation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate, prioritize and help resolve Passbolt customer support cases.
- Communicate and solve customers’ problems via email, phone and video-conference.
- Act as the liaison between Passbolt and the community.
- Write documentation, update knowledge base, blog posts, tutorials, videos.
- Work hard to solve customer problems while delighting them along the way.
- Participate in product discussions and roadmap prioritization.
- Suggest and implement improvements to Support workflows
You should apply if
You like communicating and helping people:
- You’re a natural communicator and take pleasure in using those skills to help others.
- You like digging into unknown issues, exploring new technologies, exotic setups and figuring things out the hard way.
- You enjoy solving many small problems per day.
You are a support professional:
- you’ve got 2+ years of experience in a support or other service-oriented customer facing role.
- you’re experienced in writing support content.
- you’re experienced in managing cases throughout the entire support lifecycle from initial customer inquiry to triage and reproduction, writing bug reports for hand off to the development team, and case resolution.
- You have experience managing complex situations and communicating clearly with involved stakeholders.
You’ve got a knack for web technologies and server administration:
- You have excellent Linux systems administration knowledge (LFCE or RHCE equivalent knowledge).
- You have working knowledge of Docker
- You know at least one programming language, preferably PHP or Bash (Unix Shell).
- You have already installed and managed a CMS (Wordpress, Drupal) on a linux server.
- You have excellent knowledge of LEMP/LAMP environments (Linux, Nginx/Apache, Mariadb/Mysql, PHP).
- You get excited when you hear about infrastructure as code.
- You have some experience with Git, Gitlab, CI/CD.
You enjoy diversity:
- You have experience working in an international environment with a culturally diverse user community.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written and preferably one other language.
You will be one of the first full time Support Engineers at Passbolt.
Naturally, a short-term possible growth path would be to become Senior Support Engineer and lead the upcoming team of fellow support engineers that will join us.
To apply: Send resume and motivations to email@example.com. (Job reference: SU-EN-05)