B2B Marketing Specialist - Tech/Open Source/Linux Market
2022-10-18 - at Klara Inc. in Remote, United States Full-time
This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
As a provider of open-source services, Klara Inc. focuses on the art of open software and community-driven development. We believe that in order to foster creativity and advance technology in an ethical fashion we must continue fueling the spirit of open source.
At Klara, we rely on a mix of specialists and community to deliver FreeBSD, ZFS and Arm development services. We help customers standardize their environments running on FreeBSD and ZFS, and accelerate their platforms based on FreeBSD, ZFS and Arm.
About The Job
As a FreeBSD Kernel Developer, you will report to the Engineering Manager - FreeBSD of Klara Inc. In your role as a Kernel Engineer you will help our team deliver new features and enhancements to the FreeBSD operating system. This work includes resolving complex bugs, designing and implementing new features or subsystems, and maintaining and merging existing code across releases.
- Work as part of a small cross-functional team to develop operating system features and functionality
- Merge and cherry-pick changes into stable and release branches
- Work in a wide range of areas within the kernel and its subsystems
- Design and implement prototype software to demonstrate and analyze new ideas and concepts
- Derive, document, and present high-level system requirements from the associated detailed technology requirements
Skills and Qualifications
- Deep and current understanding of the C programming language along with good knowledge of data structures
- In-depth knowledge of kernel internals and operating system fundamentals like threading, synchronization primitives, inter-process communication, and process lifecycle
- Previous Kernel development experience
- Familiarity with modern processor architecture (e.g. memory hierarchy, multicore, multithreading, etc)
- Strong skills with source code management tools (git, subversion, perforce)
- Great communication and documentation skills targeted at cross-team collaboration
- Familiarity or experience contributing to open-source projects