This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
As an international provider of technology services, Klara focuses on the art of open software and community-driven development to deliver software development services to its customers. We help customers standardize their environments running on FreeBSD and ZFS, and accelerate their platforms based on FreeBSD, ZFS and embedded systems.
About The Job
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with excellent abilities in finding new business and developing and cultivating meaningful relationships with both existing and future customers. Reporting directly to the CEO of Klara Inc. you will be primarily responsible for representing Klara’s solutions and services. You will be expected to articulate the sales strategy and messaging and ensure that the strategy is carried out effectively in business areas. Your main KPI measure of success will be the growth you can promote in new markets, and you will be measured on your sales numbers combined with community growth.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Have a clear understanding of open source and/or software development market and how to break into new markets.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops business strategies, and builds a sales and development plan on a quarterly/yearly basis.
- Meet quantitative and qualitative performance expectations and set high standards for articulation and presentation of key messages and value proposition
- Enter and maintain customer and sales details, create follow-up schemes and work together with marketing and pre-sales to develop a continuous business development ecosystem
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of successfully selling technology offerings or services
- MBA or graduate degree in science, technology and/or engineering or equivalent business experience
- Record of consistently achieving an above-plan performance
- Proven ability to establish, nurture and develop trusted relationships.
- Demonstrated experience successfully growing new business in the software or services industry
- Ability to articulate comprehensive technological strategies to a wide range of decision makers within an organization
- Knowledge and experience of the complete sales cycle management from prospecting to closing of business
- Ability to think strategically and tactically
- Infrastructure or middleware technology experience along with a passion for open-source technologies are a plus
- Disciplined and self-motivated for a remote workplace environment
- Demonstrated exceptional collaboration and relationship building skills