Developer Advocate Full-time
Published at 2022-11-22 -
Viewed: 422 times -
Baserow is on a mission to help everyone build applications faster, cheaper and easier. We want to give the power back to the users who understand best what is needed for their business. We are strong believers of open and extensible software.
Our open source no-code database is the best Airtable alternative for teams who would like to keep control of their data and want the flexibility to expand and customize their database.
We’re looking to hire our first developer advocate to help take Baserow to the next level. Our Developer Advocates will be the ambassadors for Baserow and the developer community. You will be part of the initial team, work directly with the founder, and you will have a leading role in growing the developer community around Baserow.
Want to learn more about our software and tech stack? Take a look at the code at https://gitlab.com/bramw/baserow.
In this position you will
- Build and grow the developer community around Baserow
- Create educational content in both text and video formats (blog posts, tutorials, screencasts, etc)
- Create the best possible developer experience for Baserow
- Develop and document guidelines and code samples to support the creation of high-quality plugins and integrations
- Consolidate insights from developers about their needs and challenges, and advocate on their behalf within the product team
- Create and maintain integrations with third-party tools like Zapier, Gatsby and n8n
- Respond to technical comments and user queries
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Proven work experience in a developer relations team
- Software development expertise across a variety of languages and frameworks, both backend and frontend
- Enjoy engaging with technical audiences online and in person, and helping developers build compelling high-quality applications and integrations
- You live in Europe or in the United Kingdom, in the UTC time zone (London, Lisbon, Dakar) ± 2 hours
- Fluent or native in English
What we offer
- A good salary ranging from €4000 to €7000 based on your location and experience
- A fully remote position at a remote-first company
- A €3000 budget for a laptop and other hardware
- Stock options and we are upfront about the amount
- A compensation for hot desking in a co-working space
- 25 paid vacation days per year
- Flexibility in your working schedule
- Application: Send us your application via email
- Screen: We will screen applications based on fit
- Interviews: Potential candidates will be invited up to two interviews via a video call
- Challenge: Potential candidates will be asked to do a challenge
- Offer: Successful candidates will receive an offer
What it’s like to work at Baserow
Baserow employees have a passion for startups and like getting stuff done without being bogged down by bureaucracy. We practice agile methodologies meaning that our communication is open and that our project management is collaborative. Everyone is encouraged to offer their opinions and you’ll be working directly with the founder. Fundamentally we are sensible and transparent company:
- Our working hours are flexible, we generally hold meetings and collaborate during normal working hours, but when life gets in the way it’s not a problem.
- We trust our employees and won’t micromanage you
- Feeling like a member of a remote team is important, so at the end of the week we hang out and look at our growth and achievements.
- We meet twice a year in person with the whole team. Our last meetup was on Tenerife and our next is in late September.
Recent jobs at Baserow: