This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Technical Support Engineer Full-time
Published at 2023-01-10 -
Viewed: 1651 times -
At XWiki, we build two open-source products used by thousands of organisations around the globe. Companies like Amazon and Lenovo trust the XWiki product to manage their knowledge and work better together. CryptPad provides end-to-end encrypted collaboration while keeping all data private. Apart from building products and applications, our teams also develop customisations and solutions to fit our clients’ needs, offer support and cloud services, and work on innovative research projects with commercial partners and academia.
We care both about:
- What we build: scalable, extensible products and services that are privacy respectful, with no lock-in
- How we work: we’ve been a remote-first company for the past 17 years; we value building open source software, transparency, diversity, and work/life balance.
- XWiki is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our Support team on its mission of supporting our customers through their XWiki journey.
Support our customers through their XWiki journey. In this role, you will:
- Acquire a good understanding of the XWiki product and of the client environments
- Learn about security and cloud
- Learn how to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues reported by the XWiki customers
- Support our customers and their projects developed on top of the XWiki Platform
- Provide support and technical solutions to our clients (via our customer portal, mail, instant messaging, phone)
- Tackle tasks that involve web technologies, front-end and back-end
- Create small scripts
- Improve the XWiki documentation and the support knowledge base
You’re the right candidate if you:
- Are passionate about open-source software and how it can make the world a better place
- Are familiar with the software development life-cycle
- Have basic knowledge of Git and experience with issue trackers (JIRA, GitHub Issues, etc.)
- Have experience with troubleshooting
- Have basic scripting skills and experience in working with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, etc)
- Have an advanced level of written and spoken English
- Are a team player who enjoys working in an agile environment with a high level of autonomy.
The following are a plus:
- Good knowledge in server-side scripting languages like Velocity, Groovy or others
- Have basic Java knowledge
- Have experience with Maven or other similar build tools
- Have Docker experience
- Advanced French skills
The way we work:
At XWiki you’ll work with us in a fast-paced, international environment. Our commitment to Open Source values is reflected in our company’s culture. You’ll play a key role in building the next generation wiki, learning together with wide community of smart developers. XWiki fosters a collaborative work environment in which innovation and initiative are highly appreciated.
What we offer:
- A competitive package with performance-based and seniority bonuses
- Flexible work schedule matching our SLA (Mon-Fri between 9-18 CET, no 24/7 shifts) with the possibility of working from home and/or from our offices in Paris, France, or Iasi, Romania
- Great health benefits
- Choice of hardware, work from home budget
- Monthly remote events and one offsite with the whole company once a year
- Work/life balance: the 4 day-week every 2 weeks (a day off on behalf of the company every two weeks) and additional vacation days based on seniority.
If we’ve piqued your interest, here’s also a glimpse at our hiring process:
- The first interview with our HR team and eventually with the hiring manager
- A technical interview with one or two squad members that you’d work with if hired
- Final discussion and decision