This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Open Source Community Manager Full-time
Published at 2023-02-03 -
Viewed: 1303 times -
For over a decade now, OpenNebula Systems has been building the open source technology that helps organizations around the world to manage their corporate data centers and build Enterprise Clouds with unique, innovative features.
If you want to join an established leader in the cloud infrastructure industry and the global open source community, keep reading, because you can now join exceptionally passionate, talented colleagues, and help world-leading enterprises implement their next-generation edge and cloud strategies. We are hiring!
Born back in the day as an open source platform for Private Clouds, OpenNebula has evolved into a powerful, but easy-to-use, open source Cloud & Edge Computing Platform whose community includes nowadays top-ranking companies and public agencies in a wide range of industry niches and countries.
Since 2019, and thanks to the support from the European Commission, OpenNebula Systems is leading the edge computing innovation in Europe, investing heavily in research and development, and playing a key role in the digital strategy of the European Union: https://opennebula.io/innovation/
We are building an awesome engineering-first culture with an open source blueprint which promotes Creativity, Innovation, Collaboration, Open Communication and Iterative Work, and we are currently looking for an Open Source Community Manager with strong Product Marketing skills to come join us in our distributed, fully-remote, international team.
In this position you will be working across the entire organization, from Development & Engineering to Marketing & Communication, and in direct contact with the global OpenNebula community. You will support our users and contributors, helping to spread the word about the amazing open source technology that we produce, and becoming the main point of contact for corporate users and other open source projects in the ever-expanding OpenNebula ecosystem.
Be the go-to resource for people interested in OpenNebula:
- Inspire, recruit, and support new users and contributors.
- Solicit, gather, and share feedback from users with the rest of the team.
- Answer questions and provide guidance/direction at events, on social media, blogs, etc.
Spread the word about OpenNebula:
- Represent the OpenNebula Community in open source conferences.
- Speak about OpenNebula in technology and industry events.
- Coordinate and support local meetups and user groups.
- Act as a liaison with other relevant open source projects and communities.
- Organize Webinars, TechDays, and the annual OpenNebulaCon.
- Contribute regularly to the OpenNebula Community Blog, e.g. through our Monthly Newsletter.
- Act as a liaison with other open source projects and technology providers, as well as with Public Cloud vendors.
Coordinate the OpenNebula community engagement plan and its associated resources:
- Champion Program.
- Community Forum.
- Community Blog.
- Add-ons and Provider Catalog.
- Public Marketplace of Virtual Appliances.
- Localization Platform.
- Fluent spoken English. Another European language is a plus.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills in English.
- Knowledge of the development and nurturing of open source communities.
- Experience in executing Product Marketing strategies.
- Technology competence and experience with social networks.
- Excellent interpersonal and online communication skills.
- Passionate about learning and explaining new technologies.
- Effective project, event, and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Some technical background, preferably in virtualization, cloud, or container technologies.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and loop in the required expertise as necessary.
- Experience in a customer-facing role.
- Active contributions to open source projects.
- Experience in software development processes and tools.
- Team leader or manager experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the cloud software market, open source key players, and main projects.
What’s in it for me?
- Some of our benefits and perks vary depending on location and employment type, but we are proud to provide employees with the following;
- Competitive compensation package and Flexible Remuneration Options: Meals, Transport, Nursery/Childcare…
- Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux any distro is welcome)
- Private Health Insurance
- PTO: Holidays, Personal Time, Sick Time, Parental leave.
- Intensive schedule on Fridays and during the whole month of August
- All Remote company with bright HQ centrally located in Madrid, and offices in Boston (USA) and Brno (Czech Republic), and Brussels (Belgium).
- Healthy Work-Life Balance : We encourage the right for Digital Disconnecting and promote harmony between employees personal and professional lives
- Flexible hiring options: Full Time/Part Time, Employee (Spain/Usa) / Contractor (other locations)
- We are building an awesome, Engineering First Culture and your opinion matters: Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued
- Be exposed to a broad technology ecosystem. We encourage learning and researching new technologies and methods as part of your everyday duties.