This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Published at 2023-03-03 -
Viewed: 1584 times -
Baserow is on a mission to help everyone build applications faster, cheaper and easier. We want to give the power back to the users who understand best what is needed for their business. We are strong believers of open and extensible software.
Our open source no-code database is the best Airtable alternative for teams who would like to keep control of their data and want the flexibility to expand and customize their database.
We’re looking to hire our first DevOps engineer to help take Baserow to the next level. As a DevOps engineer, your goal is making it as easy as possible to self-host Baserow everywhere, manage and monitor our infrastructure and fundamentally accelerate development. You will be part of the development team, work directly with the founder and have a big impact on Baserow by joining at this stage.
Want to learn more about our software and tech stack? Take a look at the code at https://gitlab.com/bramw/baserow.
In this position you will
- Build and maintain off the shelf self-hosting solution for our users
- Manage, monitor and improve the infrastructure of our hosted version
- Work as part of the development team to increase how quickly we can ship
- Build a testing environment that supports branch development
- Respond to technical comments and user queries on self-hosting
- 4+ years professional experience in DevOps
- Professional experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Solid understanding of scalable web architecture and cloud infrastructure
- Experience with CI/CD automation
- Solid Linux experience and bash scripting
- Experience with tools like GitLab, Git and PostgreSQL
- You live in Europe or in the United Kingdom, in the UTC time zone (London, Lisbon, Dakar) ± 2 hours
- Fluent or native in English
What we offer
- A good salary ranging from €4000 to €7000 based on your location and experience
- A fully remote position at a remote-first company
- A €3000 budget for a laptop and other hardware
- Stock options and we are upfront about the amount
- A compensation for hot desking in a co-working space
- 25 paid vacation days per year
- Flexibility in your working schedule
- Application: Send us your application via email
- Screen: We will screen applications based on fit
- Interviews: Potential candidates will be invited up to two interviews via a video call
- Challenge: Potential candidates will be asked to do a challenge
- Offer: Successful candidates will receive an offer
What it’s like to work at Baserow
Baserow employees have a passion for startups and like getting stuff done without being bogged down by bureaucracy. We practice agile methodologies meaning that our communication is open and that our project management is collaborative. Everyone is encouraged to offer their opinions and you’ll be working directly with the founder. Fundamentally we are sensible and transparent company:
- Our working hours are flexible, we generally hold meetings and collaborate during normal working hours, but when life gets in the way it’s not a problem.
- We trust our employees and won’t micromanage you
- Feeling like a member of a remote team is important, so at the end of the week we hang out and look at our growth and achievements.
- We meet twice a year in person with the whole team. Our last meetup was in Barcelona and our next is in early March.
Recent jobs at Baserow: