This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Site Reliability Engineer - DNS and Infrastructure Full-time
Published at 2023-03-14 -
Viewed: 2387 times -
With its business applications, IONOS is one of the leading hosting and cloud applications providers in Europe. With our state-of-the-art technologies, we convince more than 8 million customers in many different countries every day.
Our team of highly motivated infrastructure operations experts is looking for more people.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will work with system administrators and network engineers to develop and operate our DNS, DHCP, NTP, and IP management infrastructure. Our responsibilities begin with the design of a service and we ensure that our operational requirements are put into practice along with product requirements.
In a culture that places a high value on creative ideas, agile working methods, initiative and participation, you can expect the following tasks:
- Deploy, operate and migrate distributed, highly available services on Linux.
- Improve and further develop the entire stack from hardware to operating system to application including configuration management and monitoring.
- Developing and customizing DIM, monzero and other open source projects.
- Support our system administrators in automating operational tasks and rollouts.
- Support business goals through efficient operational architecture, active lifecycle management, and lean processes in an agile DevOps environment.
- More than 5 years of hands-on experience managing complex services on Linux (no specific distribution).
- Infrastructure as code and automation are important parts of own way of working.
- Several years of experience in system-level development of highly available software artifacts, written in programming or scripting languages: Go, Python, Bash, Java.
- Hands-on experience running DNS (PowerDNS, PowerDNS Recursor), NTP (ntpd, Meinberg), DHCP, and IP management.
- Observability stacks (e.g. collectd/telegraf, metrictank, influx, Grafana) for problem analysis and planning.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and German in an international team is a plus.