This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Open Source Program Office Full-time
Published at 2023-04-17 -
Viewed: 1510 times -
Cloud Software Group
The Xen Project is looking for a Community Manager.
Xen (https://www.xen.org) is a global, open-source software project, which produces one of the best virtualizing operating systems in the world. It has a dedicated community of users, contributors and maintainers, and is directed by the Advisory Board of corporate sponsoring members.
The Community Manager answers to the Advisory Board, and is responsible for implementing its strategies and policies with respect to health and growth of the three community constituents:
- The community of Xen software users
- The community of contributing software engineers
- The community of sponsoring corporate members
Important role responsibilities include:
- Organizing, promoting and running the annual Xen Developer Summit (https://events.linuxfoundation.org/xen-project-summit/)
- Preparing and delivering the annual Project Weather Report on the health, wealth and growth of the project at Xen’s Summit
- Organizing and facilitating regular Developer-Community meetings
- Organizing and facilitating regular Advisory-Board meetings
- Preparing and presenting status reports as required by the Advisory Board
- Maintaining good relations with the parent Linux Foundation (https://www.linuxfoundation.org/) and ensuring compliance with Foundation rules and procedures
- Implementing the Project’s public-relations and marketing strategies
- Engaging prospective new sponsoring corporate members to engage in the Xen Project
- Ensuring that barriers to project participation are minimized
- Maintaining the mailing-list system used for code submission and discussion
- Ensuring the continued availability of Xen’s third-party-hosted automated test laboratory of servers
This role is a chance for an ambitious and dynamic individual to become the guardian and curator of an important global open-source software project. The job-holder will enjoy a large degree of autonomy and the chance to take responsibility for the long-term success of Xen.
XenServer, a business unit of Cloud Software Group, is the prime sponsor of the open-source project and therefore employs the Community Manager as part of its support to Xen.