This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
The FreeBSD Foundation is searching for a contractor whose role will be to do all that is necessary to make FreeBSD/amd64 and FreeBSD/arm64 officially supported OpenJDK platforms. In the past, Oracle was willing to upstream the port under certain conditions:
- The FreeBSD port must pass the JCK test suite.
- New changes must be tested.
- FreeBSD support must be added for new mandatory features.
Other tasks may include:
- Setting up OpenJDK CI for FreeBSD
- Handling bug reports related to running Java on FreeBSD
- Working to build a community around Java on FreeBSD
- Strong C/C++ background
- Strong systems programming background
- Familiarity with Java
The contract is for a six-month term with a possible renewal at the end of the period.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.