Job details « Go back to category
Full-time User Experience DesignerPublished at 17.11.2012 - Viewed: 2169 times - Open Technology Institute in New York, United States
The Open Internet Tools Project is seeking a user experience expert.
OpenITP incubates open source projects that enable secure, anonymous, reliable, and unrestricted communication on the Internet. OpenITP's goal is to reduce the ability of state and non-state actors to impose censorship or other restrictions on Internet access and communications.
- Work with OpenITP partner projects on testing and improving the usability of their tools.
- Contribute to the usability of the OpenITP web site.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Multi-lingual experience: experience using and/or designing for at least one non-Roman-alphabet language; a non-RTL language is even better.
- Experience receiving/processing user feedback through ticketing mechanisms and field reports when in-person testing is not possible.
- Has done substantive work with an open source project, with that work visible in the project’s online archives.
- Has both desktop and mobile / small screen design experience.
- Experience designing interfaces that facilitate confidential and/or anonymous communications.
- Comfortable communicating in writing.
- Applicants should be available to travel to conferences and developer gatherings at least four times a year, some in the United States and some overseas (not limited to Europe).
Please submit your resume and a cover letter tailored to this position, along with references to your work. No phone calls please.
The New America Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.