Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Technical Support RepresentativePublished at 26.11.2012 - Viewed: 2506 times - Linode, LLC in United States
We are currently looking for technical support staff to keep up with our ever-growing customer base and offerings. Candidate must have the intuition to accurately identify and anticipate a customer’s needs. We’re still a small company for now, but we’re growing fast! We’re always adding new features and services, which means plenty of opportunities to move into other areas of the company.
- Interact with Linode customers via support tickets, e-mail, IRC, and phone.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and provide accurate and timely responses.
- Identify and escalate recurring issues to system developers.
- Interact with worldwide datacenter NOCs.
- Handle abuse complaints.
- Write or test Linode Library articles.
- Quality assurance testing for new Linode features.
- Build and burn-in hardware and network infrastructure.
- Must be willing to relocate to within commuting distance of Galloway, NJ.
- 2+ years Linux System Administration experience.
- Familiarity with common Linux server applications such as Apache2, Nginx, Postfix, MySQL, BIND, etc.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot TCP/IP issues, other networking issues (packet loss, connections timing out / refused).
- Ability to troubleshoot firewall issues, identifying problematic / misconfigured iptables rules.
- Ability to troubleshoot DNS issues (using dig, etc).
- B.S. in Computer Science or related area of study.
- Network+ or higher certification.
- Familiarity with Linux Kernel.
- Experience scripting in Perl, Python, Bash, etc. for system automation and/or database transactions.
- Experience with website development and web development frameworks.
Please submit your resume online