This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Looking for a multi-faceted role, supporting an organisation that makes a difference?
Help support, run and develop the internal IT operations of The IHTSDO - the non-profit terminology standards development organisation that's benefiting healthcare and clinical advancement worldwide.
Our team of researchers, software engineers and core function staff all work from home. We're proponents of open source technology and our infrastructure is cloud-based. We're part of a wider community that's relying on our technology, and our own IT operations must stay usable, be robust and scale as we evolve.
Mentored by our Head of Technical Services and, working closely with our DevOps Lead, we need you to turn your hand to many things, including; software engineering environments running Confluence and JIRA; collaborative tools and our support desk; the systems behind our website and intranet; and our cloud infrastructure.
There are many new projects and milestones ahead. We share your passion for continuous improvement, adopting relevant new technologies and finding better ways of working.
- Enhancing and supporting new collaborative working tools and services based on the Atlassian suite of tools
- Provide world class support to our end users for the tools we use to run the organisation and our communities
- Contributing to the IT operational roadmap, policy, process and documentation
- Delivering new services, resources and improvements on a per project basis
- You're ready for a mid-level role in IT operations support
- You have excellent user empathy and good judgement
- You learn quickly and you're adept at finding effective workable solutions
- You have a Computing related degree, or an equivalent understanding of computer science
- You're familiar with JIRA and Confluence and can administer these environments
- You have supported and managed Google for Work services
- You may be considering other work from home jobs such as: Atlassian Administrator | Environments Engineer | IT Support Engineer | Technical Support Engineer | Systems Engineer | Systems Developer | DevTools Engineer | Cloud Infrastructure Engineer | IT Operations Engineer
Our current systems run - mentoring provided
Atlassian suite; JIRA and Confluence | Google for Work | nginx | Freshdesk | continuous integration | Jenkins | Ansible | Continuum | Maestro | Maven | SVN | GitHub | Trello | Apache | PostgreSQL | MySQL | Java | Angularjs | Amazon Web Services | open source | and more
Salary and benefits
- £35,000 – £50,000 or equivalent
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays | discretionary home office setup assistance | laptop | expenses
The IHTSDO is a non-profit clinical terminology standards organisation with 27 member countries worldwide. We seek to improve the health of humankind by fostering the development and use of suitable standardised clinical terminologies, notably the ‘SNOMED CT’ product, in order to support safe, accurate, and effective exchange of clinical and related health information. The focus is on enabling the implementation of semantically accurate health records that are interoperable. www.ihtsdo.org
Located: home based (within two hours' travel of UK)
Start date: asap, by end of January 2016
The IHTSDO encourages you to be in touch with techfolk, our recruitment partner, to find out more:
0117 318 2447 | email@example.com | @we_are_techfolk