Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Community Manager Community Communications Technical Wishlist/German WikipediaPublished at 24.11.2016 - Viewed: 1676 times - Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. in Berlin , Germany
Wikimedia Deutschland – Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V. is a non-profit organisation based in Berlin, Germany. With more than 80 employees and 35.000 members, it is the oldest and largest of more than 40 independent chapters of the international Wikimedia movement. The most well-known Wikimedia project, the free online encyclopedia Wikipedia, is used by millions of people across the world every day and is continuously updated and improved by millions of users.
In the software development department, we are building open source software that impacts the world. One of the main projects of the department is the German-speaking communities’ Technical Wishlist, an approach to address the diverse technical needs of editors in the Wikimedia projects, with a focus on Wikipedia.
We are looking for someone smart, self-motivated for the position as
Community Manager (m/f) Communication for the Technical Wishlist and German Wikipedia
As a community manager communication for the Technical Wishlist and German Wikipedia, you will be working together with the project managers for community communications and directly with the German-speaking communities, the product management, and the engineering teams. You will be responsible for keeping the collaboration with the German-speaking communities around the Technical Wishlist productive, welcoming and friendly. Through communication on various platforms on German Wikipedia, you will make sure that the community can follow and participate in feedback on both, the Technical Wishlist tasks and major software projects of the Wikimedia Foundation.
We are looking for colleagues:
- who understand the products and processes of software development and enjoy the challenge of translating between technical and non-technical audiences.
- who possess flexibility, adaptability and can establish collaboration with diverse users.
- who are present on German Wikipedia and at community events like WikiCon.
- who make collaboration around the relevant projects (e.g. RevisionSlider (Technical Wishlist) or Visual Editor) fun and productive.
- who have first experience in communication and project management.
- who are dedicated to our community and know first-hand what it means to volunteer in a project.
- who can communicate with the German-speaking community on a native level, and speak English fluently.
We offer you:
- an exciting job in various projects, multidisciplinary teams and in collaboration with different stakeholders.
the chance to actively participate in building collaborative processes in software development for one of the world’s biggest websites.
- an open and modern working environment.
friendly and open-minded colleagues which are happy to welcome you.
Your working hours will be 40 hours per week. The position will be initially limited to one year.
Interested? Please send your motivation letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We looking forward to your application.
Wikimedia Deutschland commits itself to the principles of equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, nationality, religion, political or another opinion, gender, age, disability or sexual identity or orientation.