Job details « Go back to category
Full-time UX Design (intern)Published at 03.02.2017 - Viewed: 1262 times - Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. in Berlin, Germany
Wikimedia Deutschland – Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V. is a non-profit organisation based in Berlin, Germany. With more than 80 employees and about 35.000 members, it is the oldest and largest of more than 40 independent chapters of the international Wikimedia movement. The most well-known Wikimedia project, the free online encyclopedia Wikipedia, is used by millions of people across the world every day and is continuously updated and improved by millions of users.
Wikimedia Deutschland furthers these ideals even beyond the free encyclopedia: It is our aim to establish and promote the creation, collection, and distribution of free knowledge in all parts of society. Our objective is to create a world in which the sum of all human knowledge is freely accessible for everyone. The main focus of our activities is the support of volunteers, the development of technology and software, public education, and cooperation with cultural and scientific institutions. We grant scholarships to volunteers working for Wikimedia projects and we provide technical support. On both the national and EU-level, we are advocating a legal framework which allows for free knowledge to become part of our everyday life.
In the software development department, we are building open source software that impacts one of the most visited websites in the world. Your work will help to improve our products’ usability and usefulness for readers and editors in the Wikimedia communities.
We are looking for an UX intern (m/f) to join our Software Engineering team in our office at the heart of Berlin. We are open to discuss possibilities to work remotely. You will work closely with our UX designer/researcher.
- See features through from idea on paper through implementation and evaluation.
- Distill complex concepts into easy to understand talking points, graphics or prototypes to effectively articulate and discuss ideas with Product Managers, Engineers and the community.
- Understand the community, their needs and the usability of our products by gathering, analysing and discussing qualitative and quantitative data
- Iteratively improve features by consulting and exchanging with * * Product managers and Engineers.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- You have experience in Human Centered Design, Design
- Thinking or another research-based design method.
- You are able to communicate fluently in English in a multidisciplinary team
- Plus: Share our love for open source
- Plus: experience with Open Source software/wikis
What we are offering you
- A job where you can learn and get experience in UX design and research
- Insights and working experiences in an agile and collaborative environment
- Work in a supportive environment with personal mentoring to support your learning
- Flexible working times
- All software we develop is Open Source, and we contribute back to various projects we use. Many of our components are published in a format that allows reuse outside of our own projects.
To begin your application, please contact email@example.com with your CV, work examples and period of internship.
Wikimedia Deutschland commits itself to the principles of equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, nationality, religion, political or other opinion, sex, age, disability or sexual identity or orientation.