Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Junior Software EngineerPublished at 21.03.2017 - Viewed: 1399 times - BeDataDriven in Netherlands
We are looking for a full-time Junior Software Engineer to join our growing team in the Hague. You will work closely with customers and our QA team to resolve issues and build new features for users of the Open-Source project ActivityInfo in Iraq, Syria, the Congo, and beyond.
Our software development team is small, but fast moving: we deploy code to production daily and you can expect your work to have an immediate impact on thousands of humanitarian professionals around the world.
Supported by the Lead Software Engineer, you will develop a deeper understanding and proficiency in the technologies supporting ActivityInfo, from Java, the GWT Toolkit, HTML5 Web Workers and IndexedDB, to other domains covered by the application, including GIS, statistical analysis, and mobile data collection.
At the end of 6-12 months, we expect you to graduate to a more senior role within the team and take on additional responsibilities depending on your interests.
Skills and Requirements
As a successful candidate,
- You will have 1-2 years experience in professional web application development, or a substantial academic project.
- You are comfortable with the full development cycle from source control setup, coding, unit testing, continuous integration and deployment.
- You can communicate well, in English, with both users and other developers, and can manage your own time and goals.
You have completed at least the equivalent of a Dutch HBO-level education.
Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, though you must live in the Netherlands and have permission to work in the Netherlands.
What we offer
- A good salary.
- 25 vacation days and a 8% holiday allowance to travel to exciting and fun places.
- Lunch and a public transportation card.
- Lots of technical challenges and extensive training on the job.
- A diverse and multi-national group of colleagues.
- A flexible work culture that emphasizes a healthy work-life balance.
BeDataDriven B.V. is a small, self-funded company with big ambitions. Our office is located in The Hague in the Netherlands. BeDataDriven’s ActivityInfo (https://www.activityinfo.org) is a web application that powers global humanitarian responses to crises and ongoing development assistance in fifty countries.
Please apply via our online application