Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Principal Engineer, BackendPublished at 21.03.2017 - Viewed: 1202 times - Cockroach Labs in New York, United States
Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world. Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source database for building global, scalable cloud services that survive any disaster. CockroachDB provides a fully-distributed SQL database for businesses that want to build forward-looking data architectures right, the first time.
We are looking for Principal Senior Staff Engineers who are innovative and seasoned leaders. Working as part of a growing, dynamic team, you will thrive in a cross-functional team environment leading the design and development of components of CockroachDB that will make a significant impact to the product.
The company was founded in 2015 with investments from Benchmark, Index Ventures, GV, and Sequoia. It is headquartered in New York City and has a community of developers contributing to the project from the around the world. Come help us with our mission to Make Data Easy!
- Play a strategic role, leading the development of CockroachDB by designing and building distributed infrastructure software.
- Take ownership of projects end to end, leading a broad scope and ambiguity, mentoring other engineers, leading by example, and collaborating with a team.
- Collaborate with key partners as well as engineers both in-house and in our open source community to coordinate seamless integrations of new features and functionality.
- Be “the go-to expert”, influencing fellow engineers, product management, and other team members to help define the technical roadmap for the product in response to customer requirements and the market.
- Expertise in developing large-scale, complex systems such as web infrastructure, distributed storage or databases, etc.
- Experience in owning large sections or the entire end to end operation of the software development processes with an emphasize on execution, product quality, solid frameworks and code reviews.
- Strong analytical, debugging and coding skills in C/C++, Go, Java, Python or similar language.
- Define and lead development processes and methodologies with an emphasis on execution, product quality, solid frameworks and code reviews to further improve the quality of large code bases.
- Demonstrated track record of communicating technical dependencies and concerns/issues of implementations.
- Ability to see and present “the big picture” and offer solutions to make it better.
- Assume ownership of a problem from definition to resolution.
- Typically this role requires a consistent track record with over 8 to 10+ years leading and innovating complex software-based systems.
Cockroach Labs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Please email our office at email@example.com or apply directly at Principal Engineer, Backend.