Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Linux Graphics Stack DeveloperPublished at 26.04.2017 - Viewed: 1115 times - Red Hat in United States
The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join us. In this role, you’ll be part of our Desktop Graphics team working to enhance our open source graphics infrastructure. You will work closely with the upstream communities and graphics processing unit (GPU) hardware vendors to develop open source support for X.Org, Wayland, Mesa, Vulkan, direct rendering infrastructure (DRI) and GPU compute. As a Principal Software Engineer, you will work with other programmers on the team to develop and enhance the graphics infrastructure in both the kernel and user-space, add support for new GPUs, and fix issues in existing drivers in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Fedora. This role can be based anywhere in the US.
Primary job responsibilities
- Develop and enhance graphics infrastructure for GPU compute and GPU display graphics in Mesa, OpenGL, Vulkan, and the Linux kernel
- Add support for new GPUs in the Linux kernel and user-space
- Fix Mesa, OpenGL, Vulkan, GPU compute, and Linux kernel issues in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Fedora, and upstream
- Work with other groups within Red Hat on GPU compute initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry
- 5+ years of experience with X.org, Wayland, Mesa, OpenGL, or Vulkan or GPU compute
- Experience with Linux kernel development
- Experience working in the open source community
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.