This job ad has been posted over 40 days ago! (*)
Fairphone has a strong focus on open source, open hardware and open design practices. We are looking for an open source junky to extend the team to mature our open source strategy, engage with our open source communities in developing, supporting and porting existing open source Operating Systems (Ubuntu, Firefox) to work on the Fairphone, but also assist our product manager in engaging with the ODM and its subcontractors to create a truly open source product.
- You are a open source junkie.
- You need to speak fluent English.
- You have some experience dealing with ODM/OEMs.
- You can work in our office in Amsterdam.
- You have development experience with open source mobile OS's at firmware level (Android, Firefox OS, Ubuntu).
- You don't panic when people start asking you questions about SOC's/ODM's/Bootloader/GPL/Linux kernels/GIT/firmware.
- You think it is cool to work at a start-up and love entrepreneurial environments, where you're not only focussing on a single task or domain.
- You have great communication skills, because you will be dealing with real people… in person, but don't worry, most of it will be through email.
- People occasionally call you nerd or geek.
- If you are interested you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org