Job details « Go back to category
Full-time UX/Interaction Designer Wikipedia / WikidataPublished at 25.07.2017 - Viewed: 1972 times - Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. in Germany
Wikimedia Deutschland – Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e. V. is a non-profit organisation based in Berlin, Germany. With about 100 employees and more than 50.000 members, it is the oldest and largest of more than 40 independent chapters of the international Wikimedia movement. The most well-known Wikimedia project, the free online encyclopedia Wikipedia, is used by millions of people across the world every day and is continuously updated and improved by millions of users.
As an UX/Interaction Designer (f/m) you will work on the Software behind projects like Wikipedia and Wikidata to improve their user experience and enable our communities to achieve our Vision: A world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge.
We are looking for someone to join our teams in our office in the heart of Berlin. You will be working in our small UX team, closely working together with the other teams’ engineers, product managers and the community communication team.
- Design concepts and interfaces for both beginners and experienced users of our projects.
- Discuss and iteratively improve ideas with fellow Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and the community.
- Distill complex concepts into easy to understand talking points, graphics or prototypes to effectively.
- At least a master’s degree or equivalent working experience.
Communicate fluently in English.
- Efficiently create mock ups of various fidelities to allow iteration, testing and decision making support.
- Knowledge of best practices and established design patterns in UI and interaction design.
- Understand and consider technical constraints in collaboration with our software engineers.
- Experience in working with agile and human centered methods, iteratively developing your designs based on new insights.
- Experience with volunteer communities.
- German language skills.
What we offer you:
- You will have a noticeable impact on one of the top four visited websites in the world.
- All software we develop is Open Source, and we share our methods, designs and code.
- We’re constantly trying to improve the way we work via retros and by trying new working methods.
- You can attend local user groups during work time and you are encouraged to do so.
- We regularly go to conferences, both as attendees and presenters.
- Remote work is possible after consultation.
Interested in applying but not sure you have all the skills? Please apply anyway! We are open to both supporting learning on the job and rearranging tasks within the team to suit the skill sets of the best applicant.
Send your application with your letter of motivation, CV and Portfolio (and please also provide, how you did it) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, you can find all information about Jobs & Products of the WMDE Software Development and Engineering Department in English here: Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. Software Department
Due to the team-based selection procedure at this position, your application documents will also be passed on to selected future colleagues.
Wikimedia Deutschland commits itself to the principles of equal opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic origin, nationality, religion, political or other opinion, sex, age, disability or sexual identity or orientation.