Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Principal Software EngineerPublished at 08.08.2017 - Viewed: 1611 times - ObjectSecurity in San Diego, United States
ObjectSecurity is looking for a Principal Software Engineer responsible for an exciting new product.
Job Title: Principal Software Engineer
Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or similar/equivalent
10+ years of work experience in the field
Reports to: CEO
Location; San Diego, CA Area.
Citizenship Requirements: USA Citizenship or Greencard
Type of Employment: Full-time
Start of Employment: October 1st 2017
ObjectSecurity is “The Security Policy Automation Company”. ObjectSecurity’s mission is to simplify, improve and automate security for the complex, interconnected IT landscapes most organizations have to deal with today. Our core product is OpenPMF, the globally leading and awarded security policy automation solution. The company has two independently operated entities in San Diego, California, USA and in Cambridge, UK. We work with partners and clients in more than 25 countries across the globe. ObjectSecurity is a spin-off SME of the University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory.
About the Role
This is a full-time position in San Diego, CA, USA. U.S. citizenship or green card are required. Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent required, as well as 10+ years of experience in the field. As Principal Software Engineer, you will be responsible for an exciting new product we will develop on a government contract we have been awarded. You will design, architect, develop/implement and test the product. You will be working alongside ObjectSecurity’s CEO Dr. Lang. The product will be an innovative supply chain risk solution, and the government customer is funding the development.
ObjectSecurity OpenPMF makes heavy use of Eclipse, including EMF, RAP, QVT, Xpand, Xtext, EMF Parsley and numerous other Eclipse tools. Familiarity with that platform would be a plus. The potential skills needed involve: Java, Eclipse incl. EMF, backend data storage, processing, analytics, analytics algorithms, web frontend visualization etc. As the product and the team grows, you will also have – if a fit and of interest – the opportunity to manage a team of developers and to grow into an executive role at ObjectSecurity
Skills and Experience
- Significant and demonstrable development experience in several programming languages, incl. Java
- Significant and demonstrable experience developing applications using the Eclipse ecosystem, incl. EMF, RAP
- Significant and demonstrable experience developing backend and data analytics applications
- Experience developing web user interfaces (Eclipse RAP or other).
- Significant and demonstrable experience of implementing Java best practice
- Proven experience of producing test cases and testing software
- Proven experience of project working and commercial development processes
- A background in software engineering, software and architecture
- Experience with developing Eclipse based applications
- In-depth knowledge of databases and data analytics
- In-depth knowledge of how web frontends are designed , developed and integrated
- Desirable: cybersecurity and/or defense experience
- Desirable: Experience of supplier management and supply chains
For more information please contact ObjectSecurity directly via firstname.lastname@example.org.