Job details « Go back to category
Full-time Web DeveloperPublished at 05.10.2017 - Viewed: 568 times - OpenCollective (Worldwide)
While the Internet has been very good so far at helping people do things together, it is still very difficult for groups to collect money and use it transparently. As a result, we see initiatives, projects, movements popping up here and there that disappear quickly from lack of funding. Imagine how many wonderful things don’t happen in the world because funding – which is oxygen for most organizations – is difficult to sustain. Without an easy way to raise and spend money, it’s hard to manage and grow many of these seeds of an idea that could change the world.
Meetups, open source projects, parent associations, neighborhood associations, pet projects, clubs, unions, movements, non-profits, business incubators – in order to operate, all of them are forced to use a physical glass jar, ask a sponsor to directly pay their expenses or front the huge overhead of setting up and managing a corporation or a non-profit. It’s either inefficient and opaque or it’s overkill.
OpenCollective enables groups to quickly set up a collective, raise funds and manage them transparently.
We want all those seeds to have a chance to grow, to bring their ideas to life. We believe everyone should have the tools to create the organizations of tomorrow. And we are dedicating ourselves to making that happen!
Some things we value highly in our future teammates:
- Share our commitment to Open Collective’s mission
- 2+ years of experience contributing to Open Source projects (we are open sourced and as are most of our communities)
- Demonstrable example where you played a significant role in building and maintaining a medium-sized codebase
- Full stack experience with Node.js is a big plus (we use PostgreSQL, React and GraphQL)
- Experience working with financial products is a big plus (the core of our system is a transparent ledger)
Though we travel frequently, we are based out of New York City. Ideally, we would like for you to be based in NYC as well (or be willing to move here in the near future).